Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Perspective

A friend sent this to me and it makes me laugh. Perspective goes a long way and we should be nice to all those hard working teachers out there who love your children daily.


Teachers Are Paid Way Too Much!

I'm fed up with teachers and their hefty salary guides! What we need is a little perspective. If I had my way, I'd pay these teachers myself -- I'd pay them babysitting wages. That's right -- instead of paying these outrageous taxes, I'd give them $3.00 an hour out of my own pocket. And I'm only going to pay them for 5 hours, not coffee breaks. That would be $15.00 a day -- each parent should pay $15.00 a day for these teachers to babysit a child. (Even if you have more than one child, it's still a lot cheaper than private day care.) Now, how many children do they teach every day -- maybe twenty? That's $15.00 X 20 = $300 a day. But remember they only work 180 days a year! I'm not going to pay them for all those vacations! That's $300 X 180 =$54,000. (Just a minute -- that can't be right; let me check my calculator.) I know what you teachers will say -- What about those who have ten years experience and a Master's degree? Well, maybe (to be fair) they could get the minimum wage -- instead of just babysitting, they could read the kids a story.We can round that off to about $5.00 an hour, times five hours, times twenty children. That's $500 a day times 180 days. That's $90,000 ..... HUH??Wait a minute; let's get a little perspective here! Babysitting wages are too good for these teachers. Does anyone see a salary guide around here?

1 comment:

Heather said...

classic. Being a child of two teachers I am sending this to my mom. She will get a kick out of it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin