Our stake is having a trek in June. The youth and adults will spend three days walking and pushing handcarts across Oklahoma and follow the trails of the pioneers. Just to get the kids prepared for pulling the handcarts they had a mini trek today in Oklahoma. It lasted about eight hours and ended with a square dance and pioneer dinner. The kids all looked great in their pioneer outfits. The girls were too shy to take a picture of their bloomers, but not too shy to show the boys how cute they were! This is only half of our youth group. The other half were unable to go today due to other commitments. The fun thing about today was the weather. The kids were pushing handcarts in the rain...They knew it was going to be a downpour and thus some of them were giving me some great faces to show how much they were looking forward to the trek.
These three girls are inseparable. They have such fun together. All three girls came home today with some funny stories. I was sworn to silence and must never reveal them to anyone, but I am still laughing.
These three are the coolest boys ever. At least the girls inform me of this fact. They are fun, smart, and laugh all the time. This is why the day was so much fun. Of course the whole stake was involved today, but I am sure our ward youth were the loudest and funniest of everyone.
When asked what to do if the weather turns ugly and tornadoes hit suddenly, this is how these girls will respond....I am sure they will keep each other safe. : )
I am so thankful for great friends and great youth for my kids to hang out with on a daily basis.

1 comment:
We have our trek in July...but no practice for us. We are just jumping right in I guess.
Post a Comment