My dad passed away one year ago. Today is his birthday. He was such an incredible dad and I miss him more than I can express into words. I have been sharing pictures and stories with my children today about my dad. Here are some fun memories I have of him over the years. This is him as a little boy. He was so adorable.
This picture was taken in the home I grew up in. I was six months pregnant, and the joke was my dad was expecting also. We laughed over this picture for years. He had a great sense of humor!My dad was a landscape architect in his own right. His day job was working for OTIS Elevator Company. He loved his yard, gardening, and anything to do with the land. He taught all of his children, and then his grandchildren, to plant flowers, trees, weed gardens, mow lawns, and take care of the land he loved so much. Here he is with Katie teaching her how to plant flowers in her own little garden.
This is the last picture I took of my dad. It was taken two weeks before he passed away. I went to visit my parents and I was able to spend a week with them. How grateful I am for that time with my dad.
I love you Dad. XOXO




1 comment:
What a nice tribute to your dad!
Post a Comment